Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Book reveiw, by Amy

I finished reading Thorsons Principles of Wicca. I found the book to be interesting and full of useful information. There are exercises at the end of each chapter, this is my favorite part of the book. The exercises were incredibly close to how my grandmother taught me to meditate and draw energy, this made the book seem familiar.
I did find the vocabulary in the book to be challenging: I like my books a little easier of a read. However, if you are a beginner/intermediate this book is full of information. For example, it guides you through the entire ritual process. It even gives sample invocations and chants.
I would also recommend this book to anyone who is looking for basic chakra exercises and information.
I also really enjoyed the following qoute from the book:
Remember: Wicca is a way of being, of life, of love, of joy, of laughgter, of accepting that life can be painful and though, while doing what we can to make it a better place for others and for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment