Thursday, October 22, 2009

Harvest by Amy

The pecan trees in our yard are producing the sweetest nuts we have ever had. The harvest has brought my teenage son and I closer together. It is getting to be a rare occasion when he enjoys hanging out with his mother. We both like working in nature so I have taken the time to teach him about thanking the trees. He has learned to ask them for permission and respect them, by being gentle.

Our neighbors have come over to reap the rewards as well. The harvest has not only brought my family closer but the neighborhood together. It seems everyone has pecan fever.

I am looking forward to having them on our Samhain altar. I know it sounds like a small thing, but sometimes the smallest things bring the greatest rewards and most happiness.

Thank Goddess!

No comments:

Post a Comment