Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Book Review II, by Amy

I have just finished reading the second book required for my Sacred Well class, Book of Shadows by Phillis Currott. At first, I found the book uninteresting and very hard to "get into". However, if you can make it to the forth chapter, it gets very interesting. The book is well written and has a lot of useful information.
I found her journey illuminating, once it got started, and I can see how the back ground information was useful in the development of her character.
I would recommend this book to all levels of Wiccans or anyone just wanting to learn more about the religion. The book reminds us that witches only work to gain power over themselves, not over others. It also is helpful to be reminded that priestesses and high-priestesses are only human and therefore imperfect.
The friendships she cultivates in the book are timeless examples of how by helping others, we are truly helping ourselves.
Over all the book was very enjoyable.

1 comment: